9 excursions, 9 booklets: Brussels in summer
Heritage classes offer walks for the general public. Discover a district, an era or a personality from Brussels' heritage with your family or friends. Each route encourages you to open your eyes to a different facet of the city.
Our discovery routes:
- Learn to differentiate between Art Nouveau and Art Deco in the Ponds district of Ixelles.
- Erasmus - garden side. A walk to discover Erasmus house and garden.
- Take a walk with Victor Horta at the turn of the 20th century, in the Bailli district in Ixelles and Saint-Gilles.
- Take up residence in Evere. Discover the social housing Ieder Zijn Huis (Everyone Their Home) and its surroundings.
- Follow in the footsteps of Paul Hamesse. A family walk in the centre of Brussels to discover the work of this Belgian architect.
- The sumptuous Saint-Gilles city hall. Its tower, its lavish materials and its rich decoration make this monument a real castle.
- Stroll along the main boulevards in the centre and meet the winners of the 19th century façade contests.
- The mysterious Mr Houtstont. A stroll to discover the decorations of Georges Houtstont in the centre of Brussels.
- Antique is chic! Decode the Royal District with your family.